by Dr. Dan Ritchie
Do you know who your ideal client is? I mean really know them? What gives them joy? What is their biggest pain point? What keeps them up at night? One of the fundamental starting points for any successful trainer or training studio is to know who your ideal client is and where they live.
Here are some things to consider that will get you on the road to knowing your clients better:
- Marital status
- Kids, how many
- Grandkids, how many and how old
- Do they love to travel?
- Retired, working, or somewhere in between
- Favorite restaurant, coffee shop, winery, caterer, etc.
- Clothing shop
- Massage therapist
- Nail salon (if they pay for pedicures/manicures they can pay for training)
- Hair stylist
- Favorite charities – where do they volunteer?
- Clubs (Rotary, Kiwanis, etc.)
- Country club
- Activities – tennis, horseback riding, pickleball, bridge, golf, hiking, biking, etc.
- Hobbies – photography, art, music, events, concerts, bird-watching, camping, dogs, etc.
In other words, ask yourself: what do they love to do that I can enhance? Because in reality, if you don’t really know your ideal client, how can you realistically begin to market to find more of them and how can you make a difference? We challenge you to take some time this week and think about this. Make a plan and serve your clients to the best of your ability so that you can reach more clients and help more people.